onsdag 20. november 2013

Farwell and goodbye

Farwell Papua!

OMG! I just met Justin Wellington! Okay, his not that big… actually, I haven’t heard of him before I came to Papua, but he’s always on the radio, and he was so nice! I got a hug and his autograph. Plus, he asked me about my vacation! He isn’t really from Papua New Guinea, he is from Australia, but he grew up here, and he also speaks pidgins. He wanted to come and see some of the victims, he sang for us also. This is the song he sang for us.

As my days here in Papua are coming to an end, I wished to go see the Huli clan again. We really bonded, even though I couldn’t actually have any deep conversations whit them; I feel I grew close to a group of humans that showed me a different way of life, and showed me to live in the now, to be present, but that meeting was never to happen, I may not even ever see them again. The day before I had planned to meet them me and my cousin went for a hike with some tourists from Australia and New- Zealand. We had just set up our tents by the “Black Cat Track”, when they came. After that it all just happened so quick, I remember a man with painted face jumping towards me, I think he was carrying a machete. Then I hit my head. I remember waking up, remember the bodies of our guidance, our desperation, and I remember falling in and out of consciousness. Here’s the article.


It’s been a long and fantastic vacation, though it didn’t end the best possible way. Now I’m just looking forwards to going home.

Sources:

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar