onsdag 20. november 2013

Hi everybody!

I am having the best of times! Every day I learn and experience so much new, and exiting. I've been spending some days with a Huli clan (Papuan people) and I've felt like dying the hole time, but only because it's all so exiting and fantastic. Before I came I was very curious about another group of Papuan people, but I quickly learnt that they still live very isolated, and that they're cannibals! There are plenty different ethnic groups here, but I settled with visiting a Huli clan, the Hulis still live, or at least I thinks very isolated, but some of them know a couple of English words. I've learnt lots about them, amongst other; their rear family system; one young kid pointed to four different women and said: "mom", then to different guys and said: "dad". I've read enough about them to know that they look at all aunts and uncles as moms and dads, they also look at half-siblings and cousins as normal siblings, which must be confusing.

Here am I showing two very nice Holis my cam, the one on the left is the back leader. http://absolutetravel.com/2011/10/our-adventure-with-the-mudman-in-manhattan/, 27.okt.2011

What more is...? I got to go hunting! Or, I didn't get to join the guys, they would raise their hands when I was to stop and be quit. I didn't understand what they were doing most of the time, but suddenly they had caught something big brown/black that looked like a wild pig. They called it "Sus Papuensis", I searched it up, and it's Papua New Guineas principal livestock.

Here's a Sus Papuensis I saw some days ago, though, then I didn't know what it was. http://www.batraciens-reptiles.com/sus%20scrofa2.jpg, 17.nov.13

Yesterday at the hunt, I held my breath for hours, but it tasted fantastic! https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj_susl-eENIj75sWGV0lZckuub0HZe-aDvXSsCYP2_heAma63eRMGqv5QHQomgQ4ducGdBiIk5dipmR7OejDk_bzhiLWmn8fJBZh_7HQcsvNCT-4Cw5xxUxNyU3fk5vnN1yleku84umSsk/s1600/Mutuaga_pork.jpg, 09.aug.11

Before I left the city I couth up some Melanesian music that I really like, you should listen to it! I have had this thing to that kind of music since I was little; it may have something to do with the movie "Lilo and Stich".

My plans forwards now is to go from "Lae" (where I am now) Kandrian, Buin and Losula wich is on some other small isles, the plan is to end up in Alotau where I'll stay a while before I find my way back to the capital for the flight home, but there are tons of place for changes in that plan.

Sourses:

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar